Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thank You Lord


Crusty layers of spaghetti sauce cover Avidan's body, 
with a sigh and a wet washcloth in hand, 
I gently scrub my little boy hoping that eventually, he won't be tinted red.  
I AM TIRED

The dishes in the sink are overflowing, remnants of the morning's breakfast offering a discouraging reminder that I had forgotten to run the dishwasher, 
and now have double the work to do after the children are in bed.  
I HAVE A HEADACHE

Clothing sits piled high upon my couch, 
waiting to be sorted, folded, and packed for camp.  
I haven't even completed half of the packing list yet.   
I WISH I WERE GOING ON VACATION TOO

On the table is my checkbook.  
The one I haven't balanced in several months. 
I FEEL LIKE WATCHING TV

Weeds have taken over my garden and are beginning to suffocate my plants.  
The beauty of our landscaping is quickly becoming an eyesore. 
I WOULD LOVE A MASSAGE

My Bible, sits undisturbed on the coffee table.  
 My mind fights the desire to pick it up.  
"I have too much to do already, I can't take time to read right now."

I break down, tears flowing from my eyes.
Weeping, I cry out...
"I can't do it all, I am exhausted."

A still small voice responds...
"You are right, Satin.  
You can't do it all.  
You need a Savior.
My grace is sufficient for you, 
for my power is made perfect in weakness."

I pause for a moment in silence, reflecting.
I slowly walk over, pick up my Bible and open it.
Under my breath I whisper...
HELP ME, LORD.

As I read the words on the page in front of me, 
I break down again.
This time with laughter,
rejoicing in God's gentle reminder to me, 
a sinner with a wonderful Savior.

"...I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, 
so that Christ's power may rest on me.
... I delight in weaknesses, 
in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. 
For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Humbly, I bow my head and close my eyes,
uttering the only words that seem appropriate...
"Thank you, Lord."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment